‘Designed to develop addition and subtraction skills; encourage observation and social skills’.
Try these specific ideas at home to further support children’s communication skills.
- Practicing appropriate greetings when people get on and off the bus e.g. “Hello, how are you?”, “Bye, see you tomorrow” etc.
- Children can be encouraged to help each other with the calculations by making verbal requests e.g. “Can ___ help me please?”
- Encourage creative thinking by asking questions such as:
‘Where’s the bus going now?’ → “To the park” etc.
‘When will it leave / arrive?” → “Soon”, “In the afternoon” etc.
- Use specific adjectives to comment on the driver’s speed
e.g. He’s driving slowly / fast.
- Further problem-solving could be addressed by prompting the children for reasons why the
driver is going quicker or slower.
Share this article :