‘Designed to develop personal and social skills; encourage observation’
Here are specific communication skills that can be addressed whilst playing with your child at home.
- Taking turns and waiting for other players to pick their cards.
- Encouraging further description when labelling cards; for example instead of just labelling:
- ‘orange teddy’ →”soft orange teddy”,
- ‘yellow car’ → “shiny yellow car”,
- ‘green spider’ → “creepy green spider” etc.
- This game offers opportunities for children with ‘l’ production difficulties to practise this sound in the middle (e.g. yellow) and at the end of words (e.g. purple), as well as in more complex clusters(e.g. flower, blue).
Share this article :